Monday, 3 June 2013

D is for Deprivation



Well here I am, Monday morning after yet another night of no sleep... not even forty winks... I'd settle for just twenty winks to be honest with you.  But no, nothing, nada, zip, zilch.  Of course now I know I can't go back to sleep, all I want to do is sleep (wouldn't you know).  

So far I've watched a repeat of Britain's Got Talent, this weeks episode of Mad Men, the first two episodes of Rogue and now I'm watching The Killing for some 'light hearted' Monday morning television viewing. 

My first client is due in at 10am so I've only got two hours to fight this overwhelming urge to crawl back under the duvet and sleep until August.

The good news is that the last time I went to see my doctor about my bouts of insomnia, he told me that you can't actually die from lack of sleep... I swear I didn't ask him if I could so why he felt the need to be so melodramatic with me I don't know. But in hindsight I should have challenged his medical knowledge because you can actually do some pretty stupid things where you're not firing on all cylinders... believe me I've done most of them.  Furthermore on medication leaflets doesn't it say 'warning can cause drowsiness, do not drive or operate heavy machinery'?  I mean come on Doc, it's all in black and white.

So that just leaves me to ask you one last question (possibly two)...

Is the coffee maker considered to be heavy machinery and is it safe for me to switch on my UV lamp today?

6 comments:

  1. i love the idea of your blog and how you use a different letter of the alphabet for each! it's very creative! :) And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa

    http://simplyranda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Miranda how lovely of you to say.

      I will certainly jump over to your blog and follow you for sure. :)

      Hugs xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't sleep well :( I always get the same thing before an exam, which is ..err, very very painful when you actually have to do maths with no sleep! Hope you get some rest today anyway,

    xo Camilla

    Into The Fold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh blimey that is not good at all, poor you! Thank you lovely, I'm pleased to tell you, I'm slowly catching up on the ZZZZ's. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find that deep breathing (I learned in Yoga) helps to bring your mind to the present moment therefore relaxing you enough to get some sleep. Hope you are able to get some rest tonight. Lovely blog. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Heather what a kind thing to say. Sadly no sleep again tonight, it's 5am and all I can hear is the rhythmic snores of my very much asleep husband... still there's always tomorrow night I guess :) xx

    ReplyDelete