Thursday, 6 June 2013

N is for Nominated

Well folks I am well and truly feeling the love tonight.  I've felt so poorly today and even had to cancel my plans with a good friend this evening too, which I hate doing, but if I hadn't I was either going to pass out from my never ending headache, throw up in her lap or do both simultaneously.

I am not a good sick person, just ask him indoors.  In fact I'm so bad at being ill I tend to be a bit of a drama queen.  Two years ago I had kidney stones, I was in agony (and that I am not dramatising), the problem was the husband was so used to my 'sick person antics' (as he calls them), whereby I whimper his name to get him to come to my sick bed and simply say "Steven I feel so ill", that when I actually was really ill, himself thought I was doing my usual amateur dramatics routine.  I ended up being admitted in to hospital twice and yes I've never let him forget it.  If I hadn't of felt so ill I would have felt vindicated.

But anyway, I'm rambling, back to the original post...

So tonight I received an email notification to say that the very lovely Rylie from My Thoughts Notebook has nominated me, well my blog, for the Liebster Award. 



I'm really chuffed, and it's turned my not so nice day into a very nice day.  So big kisses, love and hugs to Rylie, thank you so very much.  You have to check out her blog as well, it's brilliant!

The Liebster Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers in order to get them more noticed and give them recognition! Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs. Here are the rules:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

So here goes...


1. I have an irrational fear of baked beans, I've been known to dry heave just touching an unopened can.
2. I cannot talk in the morning before I've had a coffee and god help anyone who tries to hold a conversation with me before then.
3. I find people falling over the funniest thing in the world, I do just about manage to ask them if they are OK with a straight face, and when they (hopefully) reply yes, I will not stop laughing for a good twenty minutes.
4. When I was in junior school I had a huge fascination with everything to do with Egypt and I wanted to be a bus driver, I've never been to Egypt and I'm certainly not a bus driver but... I married an English/Egyptian man who is... a bus driver.
5. I thoroughly believe in Karma, why so?  Well because when ever I do something wrong, like just maybe moan about someone just for a nano second, I can assure you Karma will get me back within twenty four hours.
6. I know the off side rule of football and the first day I met my now husband, I drunkenly explained the rule to him (because he didn't believe me that I knew it) with empty beer bottles on a wall.
7. Himself and I attempted to get married four times, the first time we had booked and paid to get wed in Vegas but then we cancelled it because arranging the party at home with all the family had me completely stressed. We finally did it on the fourth time which happened to be my 30th birthday.
8.  I eat my dinner every night in a particular order, starting with the thing I like the least first and ending on the thing I like the most... who wants the least favourite flavour left in their mouth?
9. My very much Saarf London accent used to be a very broad Midlands twang.
10. On the first date with my husband, he gave me the best kiss of my life. It was like a flat out movie snog.
11. I love making people jump, it gives me the fit of giggles.  The best person to make jump is my son, who sometimes jumps so much he bursts out crying... the bad mother that I am finds this even more funny... but don't worry he does get me back with bells on.


1. Why did you start a blog?
Primarily it was to chat about all things nail related and then link it to my nail business website.  I got a bit side tracked and wonder if my clients should actually be reading this now!
2. What inspires you?
Good, honest, straight up people who strive to achieve their goals with enthusiasm, passion and commitment.
 3. How much time you spend preparing a new blog post?
Can take anything from twenty minutes to two hours. 
4. Who is your favourite blogger at the moment?
Boo, Roo and Tigger Too
5. What's your favorite place in the whole world?
My home with my husband and son.
 6. Who is your favourite author?
I have a few; Jo Jo Moyes, Chris Cleave, Marian Keyes and Sophie Hannah.  I couldn't pick one simply because I love them all for very different reasons.
7. Where would you like to find yourself in this moment?
In some smokey bar in Paris, looking sexy (never going to happen), snogging the face of Marton Csokas (this parts more likely than looking sexy) with a glass of dark rum and coke on the bar.
8. How do you imagine your life in 5 years?
Oooh I have no idea, I'm a one day at a time kind of gal.
9. What is your favourite movie and why?
This changes all the time, largely dependent upon which movie star I fancy at any given moment! Though if I'm feeling really rubbish, then I always put on Under The Tuscan Sun to cheer me up... my family knows I need a Laura day when that film goes on... it's not pretty.
10. Do you have other hobbies (besides your blog)?
Reading, watching US TV shows, eating (does that count), writing a crime novel and anything to do with nails (I do this professionally as well, just in case any of my current or prospective clients are reading this).
11. If you could travel in time, where would you go?
I would travel back to one of the summers I spent with my Nan and Grandad Leigh (who have both now passed) when I was kid and give them the biggest hug ever, play cards with Grandad and talk boys with Nan.


1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
2. What's your biggest fear?
3. What's your biggest achievement?
4. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
6. What's your favourite TV programme?
7. If you could change one thing, what would you change?
8. What is your favourite season?
9. If you could do any job in world, what would it be?
10. What three items would you take to a desert island and why?
11. What five people (alive or dead) would you invite to a dinner party and why?


Mila McKinnon New Blogger in Town
Posher Polishes
Galorious
Woodlands Beauty
Zebra Nails
The Sequined Nail
Tanyia Talks
Steph's Place
Older Mum in a Muddle
Elanors Nails
Artistic Nails


So I will now do my bit and get posting on the other blogs to let them know of their nomination and then it's a couple of cocodamol and bedtime for me. Here's to tomorrow and whatever it may bring... hopefully not another headache...

9 comments:

  1. WOW! I love your answers! I had so much fun reading what you wrote!
    "I married an English/Egyptian man who is a bus driver." Is this an amazingly weird coincidence or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, by the way, I LOVE "Under The Tuscan Sun"!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks honey! Ha if you knew us in person you'd just say amazingly weird!

      I love Under The Tuscan Sun... I love Italy (although I've never been) and I would love to just up sticks and do as she did, wouldn't that be fantastic. xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for the tag! You sound like a really fun person to be around :o). I am rubbish at being ill too! X.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome honey! I love your blog! Aw thank you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete