Friday, 21 June 2013

S is for Stolen





Yesterday my lovely little Fiat Cinquecento was callously broken in to.  It has really upset me. What did the car thief get for his trouble? My son's school coat and an old towel that was lining my boot. Whilst my car door still locks, they have done enough damage to possibly warrant me having to buy and fit a whole new door.  Finding a Cinquecento car door that doesn't even match in colour is going to be hard enough, let alone trying to find one that does, as Lilian (my son's nickname for my car) is an old P reg Fiat Cinquecento.  They don't even make her model anymore.  What I find most upsetting is my Chinny is not worth anything to anyone else, but to me she means the world.  I bought her off Ebay a few days before Christmas for £285 with just 70,000 miles on the clock and she has been absolute God send in more ways than you can imagine.

I did have the last laugh though, as I've mentioned in my previous blog, my OCD causes this really bad habit I have, of picking up litter and little bits of paper off the pavement and I store them in the door panels of my car doors.  The thief had to rake through all that rubbish just to find there was absolutely nothing in the door panels except... rubbish! Further more when he broke in, the thief would have realised that I actually have a relic of car and it only has a radio/cassette tape stereo... in your face Mr Thief! 

I really cannot get over the mentality of these selfish morons that steal from other people, I would rather give someone my car than have them violate my own private space.  I sent himself out last night to clean the car up as I just couldn't face it, I armed him with Dettol and Windolene... my car has never looked so clean and tidy.  We have now also put on a heavy duty lock and cable round the steering wheel and drivers door, to hopefully ward off any future break ins.  

I called the police yesterday who sent CSI round in the morning and I am being visited by the police on... wait for it... Saturday! The CSI was a really lovely guy, who unfortunately disturbed me midway through a nail client (my poor nail client, she was so understanding) and he took just 20 minutes to dust for prints but sadly most were lost in the morning when the rain fell down in buckets. I was rather disappointed that the control room didn't send Danny Messer or Detective Don Flack from CSI New York, I felt that would have made the whole debacle a little more bearable, but c'est la vie and all that.  The first thing the CSI said to me when he returned from his crime scene investigating was "your car should be in a museum," the sheer cheek of the man! But he's right, she's a little old, a little rusty, a little battered and bruised due to her previous owners, but at least she's still here and at least she's still mine. 

I'd like to think that this selfish car thief would feel remorse after what he's done, but sadly I don't think that they ever do. My husband and I work hard to keep our two cars running, but then all it takes is some low life to come along, take what isn't theirs to take, costing us money to repair it that we simply don't have and leave me feeling awful that someone has sat in my car that I neither invited nor wanted in there. However, I truly believe in Karma, and I'm sure she'll get her own back on him some day soon.

Through all the stress, worry and upset yesterday I didn't once reach for a real cigarette, or even want one, so a small victory for me I feel.  Today I am happy to report I am on day 7 of no smoking (with the help of my electronic cigarette of course), but I'm proud of myself.  Despite the anger and upset of yesterday I certainly wasn't going to let that thief wreck my non smoking efforts as well. Hell no!

Anyway, here's a little gratuitous Flack/Danny CSI:NY action for a Friday afternoon... I'm now off for a cold shower... have a great weekend folks!


7 comments:

  1. BLESS YOU HUN awful when scum take stuff they probably don't even want , my old banger (MEGAN ) bit the same really nothing works passenger door window broke , rear bumper falling off slight arguement with lamppost lol , they wont do anything police waste time xx hope you recover soon keep up the no smoking xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to read that you managed to find positive bits in this negative experience. I hope you'll have a relaxing weekend.

    Great for you to quit smoking! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the non-smoking progress. However, I am so sorry that someone broke into your car. That is just awful. We have had several break ins in our home and the violation of privacy it the worst and you struggle to get your normalcy back. Best of luck to you and I hope they catch your thief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really sad that someone would break into your car!
    But you have a great blog, so I'm a New follower on GFC and Bloglovin =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have interesting and nice blog! Do you want follow each other? If you want , let me know. Keep in touch, greetings from Moscow!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, that's awful :( I hope the police will find the thief soon though! x

    9 out of ten | follow me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiat Cinquecento was my first car.
    Those were the days! <3

    ReplyDelete